With repetitive actions at contact centers increasing support costs, there is an ever-increasing need for knowledge management systems now more than ever. Knowledge management systems help contact centers for the environment to be proactive with strategic measures in place.
To ensure you have the right knowledge management system for your contact center or business, you must keep a few things in mind. A knowledge management system is essentially a tool to help organize all the organizational information in guided workflows, frequently asked questions, articles, device guides, and more into easily accessible formats for internal and external customers. Before looking at the best one for your organization, let’s delve into what features a knowledge management system must have.
What to look for while selecting a knowledge management partner. Download checklist
A knowledge management software is a tool to help organize all the organizational information in the form of guided workflows, frequently asked questions, articles, device guides and more into easily accessible formats for both internal and external customers.
Types of Knowledge management systems
There are many types of knowledge management systems, but they all have some common characteristics. These include:
1. Step by step workflows
2. FAQ content
3. Collaboration features
4. Knowledge base articles
5. How-to articles and tutorials
6. Training modules & assessment plan
Let’s look at some well-executed knowledge management software examples. Click here
Knowledge management for Small Medium Business
1. Having an easy-to-use tool that encourages team members to document their work is important.
2. Finding relevant information is critical for agents in order to help customers in a timely manner.
3. Most SMBs provide customer support in just one language, so multilingual support can be a key differentiator and driver for global growth.
4. As information & processes change regularly, keeping internal documentation up to date will help businesses order in the chaos of growth.
5. Contactless customer support in the time of pandemic is a need which will cut cost in the long run & helps in growth.
Knowledge management for enterprise
1. As the amount of knowledge continuously grows, keeping it organized becomes a challenge. Knowledge management unifies all the information onto a single integrated platform.
2. Workflow management and permissions are more important as more people become involved in updating existing articles
3. Global businesses require robust multilingual capabilities to support customers in the native language.
4. Internal documentation tools are essential to mitigate after call work of the internal team.
5. Customers want to look for resolution by themselves. So, enabling self-service capabilities is the need of the hour
6. Ongoing agent training & learning capabilities will increase the confidence of service agents & improve CX. Thus, businesses need to implement eLearning tools.
7. Analytics and reporting will be extremely crucial for CX leaders for growth & success.
Regardless of whether you’re a one-person support team or a team of 10 knowledge specialists or operating multiple contact centers with 1000s of agents, a knowledge management system can help you put your best foot forward when it comes to delivering customer satisfaction.
What to look for in a knowledge management software. Click here
Top 10 benefits of the knowledge management system
1. Helps organizations scale customer service operations
2. Allows organizations to extend content from one “single source of truth” to a variety of channels.
3. Enables more personalized content and contact center experiences.
4. Makes it easier for organizations to capture knowledge during customer interactions.
5. Improves the speed and efficiency with which organizations can deliver support and service.
6. Assist your customer contact team with a crisp, compact, and updated knowledge base for ease of answering.
7. Get your NPS boosted with an improved agent quality.
8. Deploy self-service to reduce a load of tickets per agent thereby making your customers, solution hub for themselves.
9. Equips with multilingual customer support capabilities
10. Provides accurate reports, statistics, and analytics.
Knowledge management is a customer engagement practice which delivers a better customer experience (CX) across all touchpoints.
Irrelevant, siloed, or inadequate content can create high-effort, high- friction experiences that drive customers to quickly move on to another channel or, worse, a competitor.
As ever, content is still very much King!
Must-have features for your knowledge management system:
Robust knowledge management must have the following features for the smooth functioning of your day-to-day operations:
AI-based content migration
When powered with AI, data patterns are noted and quickly while migration and content can be classified into departments.
Open API ecosystem
This open API ecosystem helps combine all digital platforms for better CX in any industry.
One related keyword search helps you find information from oceans of data.
Easy content navigation
Well-organized spaces make workflows accessible and reduce screen toggle time.
Multilingual knowledge base
Having a multilingual option helps create scripts and connect with customers in the language of their preference.
In the smartphone era, always stay innovative and ahead with customers through their mobiles.
Browser-friendly UI helps users locate tools and commands without difficulty.
Powered by AI, cognitive automation brings the best practices in various journeys in an organization.
Interlinked descriptions of the information help look at current strategies and plan for future organizational goals.
In addition, data content creation is made easier with inputs from the KM.
Top 7 knowledge management system 2021
There are highly compatible knowledge management softwares to operate your daily business functions on with ease. With a wide range of options to choose from you might be confused about which one to choose for your business.Here – are the best knowledge management systems you can choose from in 2021:
Knowmax is an enterprise grade omnichannel knowledge management system, works with leading brands across Telecom, Banking, E-Commerce, Utilities, and more to maximize knowledge delivery.This knowledge management system empowers support advisors and customers with a cohesive Digital Enablement solution.
Top features of Knowmax include:
1. Gives analytics on top keywords and tagging for better content creation. With excellent elastic-like search optimization to find right information in seconds with added analytics for optimization.
2. It Ables auto-saving of content in intervals, unlike many knowledge management software.
3. Image and visual guides can be used to provide interactive solutions or self-service.
2. Zendesk Guide:
The Zendesk Guide enables you to provide end-users with a complete self-service support option and empowers agents to better help customers. Using Guide you can create a help center that includes: Branded customer-facing support site. Knowledge base software, for publishing self-service content.
Top features of Zendesk Guide include:
1. Providing ticketing solutions through knowledge management systems.
2. Make changes in bulk to your information.
3. Easy to use interface.
A software suite that is intuitive and easy to use for you to have a happy and engaged workforce .Which helps build and create relationships with customers throughout their journey.
Top features of Freshworks include:
1. Bot assistance for resolutions.
2. Call assistance for solutions.
3. Align teams of different working areas.
Helpjuice is an easy-to-use knowledge management system designed from the ground up to help you scale your customer support, and collaborate better with your team.
Top features Helpjuice include:
1. Quick search options for information finding.
2. Themes for customization of look.
3. Analytics of information consumed is shown based on usage.
5. Zoho Wiki :
Zoho wiki is a knowledge management system and collaboration tool for knowledge sharing.
Top features of Zoho Wiki include:
1. Customize logos and looks to create brand identity.
2. Edit content on the knowledge base software.
3. Access authorization with security.
Proprofs has a knowledge management system and with it tools to design content for the business. It helps create a visually-appealing and information-rich online knowledge platform for your business.
Top features of Proprofs include:
1. Bridge gaps of knowledge with reports analyzed.
2. Highly multilingual of over 90 languages.
3. Easy edit of content is possible with the tools.
Document360 is a well-structured knowledge management system for your customers and employees. It is simplified for content consumers and gives an explorable power to create content for the content producers.
Top features of Document360 include:
1. Create documents for product help.
2. Build employee handbooks for better performance.
3. Make online user guides for customers on the internet.
Get 14 days trial. Click here