Table of contents
- What is a customer service knowledge base?
- How does a knowledge base for customer support work?
- Why knowledge base for customer service is important?
- How to create a customer service knowledge base?
- What are knowledge base articles?
- 4 Steps to create customer service knowledge base articles via Knowmax
What is a customer service knowledge base?
A customer service knowledge base is ready to consume content repository for customers to find information and solutions independently.
It consists of articles, frequently asked questions, picture guides, and troubleshooting steps that customers may need to fix issues post the product and service purchase.
How does a knowledge base for customer support work?
Behind every customer service knowledge base is involved a dedicated backend content creation and curation mechanism.
The content language and tone should be measured for accuracy, ease of navigation, and findability for customers to avail the organization’s knowledge resources.
Once the knowledge base for customer service is created, the content can be pushed to power digital self-help service channels like chatbots, websites, and applications.
Why knowledge base for customer service is important?
Over 60% of customers expect their problems to be resolved in the first go itself. Besides helping customers find instant solutions on their own, a knowledge base for customer support is beneficial in many ways
- Enables ticket deflection, which reduces support tickets with agents, helping them pay more focus to critical issues
- Creates omnichannel customer experience, enhancing customer confidence with consistent information at every touchpoint
- Self-service costs lesser than phone call resolutions, thereby bringing down operational costs while driving efficiency
- A robust knowledge base for customer support improves customer satisfaction metrics like NPS and customer effort
Knowledge Base Guide 2022
Everything you need to know about knowledge base for enterprises.Learn more here
How to create a customer service knowledge base?
There are several methods to store information in a knowledge base. It could be through a picture guide, a decision tree software, or simple articles and FAQs. The bottom line is to create a knowledge base for customer support that minimizes their efforts. This can involve interlinking different knowledge modules like adding picture support or videos to articles so that customers can extract everything from a unified place.
In this blog, we focus on how to create knowledge base articles. Before jumping onto how to make these customer service knowledge base articles, let us understand what they are.
What are knowledge base articles?
Articles are long full pages of information about a particular problem. Articles address the issue in-depth, thus supplementing agent knowledge and users’ additional interests. It is detailed about the product, its features, product-related queries, and potential solutions.
With Knowmax, you can create articles about any product or service in the customer’s native language to train the agent before getting them hands-on with callers looking for a solution.
4 Steps to create customer service knowledge base articles via Knowmax
Step 1: Select the Article/FAQ option and start creating
- Click on ‘Article/FAQ’ on the Knowmax admin dashboard
- Open the article hosting page of the knowledge base
- Click on “Create single-page article.”
Step 2: Edit, format, and interlink other modules
- Start writing the article. Use the editor tool to change font, color, style, and alignment
- Insert tables and upload images wherever needed in the article
- Another option is to add a document by browsing or uploading it from the system
- Edit the document on the platform using the “read text” option on the right side
- Share additional information by attaching files of any kind within the article for interactivity. This could be a PPT, word document, or image
- Embed other modules with the “Link nodes to another modules” option
Step 3: Add relevant titles and keywords
- After completing the article, click on “Save and proceed.”
- Add the title and relevant keywords
- Choose the category from the list or add a new category to store the article
Step 4: Select channels and check the device preview
- Check the device preview for laptop, mobile, and tablet
- Select the channels and departments the article needs to be forwarded to
- Complete the authoring process by clicking Upload for approval
Ready to create a knowledge base?
Try Knowmax AI-powered knowledge base software for call centers.Get a demo Download KM guide
Creating a knowledge base for customer support from scratch may appear overwhelming. However, efficient and robust knowledge management solutions provide guided steps to creating a knowledge base for customer support without any IT expertise.
Knowmax- a no-code DIY platform enables a convenient authoring process to create new knowledge base articles, edit the uploaded documents and add supporting modules to supercharge customer experiences with the right knowledge at every touchpoint.