Your support tickets keep increasing, and your customer support executives are exhausted handling calls throughout the day. To add to it, what about when your agents are not around, and your customers still have queries. The best possible solution, in this case, is to have ticket deflection.
Table of contents
- What is ticket deflection?
- Knowledge management for ticket deflection
- 5 Benefits of ticket deflection through KM
What is ticket deflection?
Ticket deflection is the most efficient customer service method to transfer your customer’s support tickets through a self-service portal or automated chatbots. Ticket deflection has a lot of benefits. Mostly it takes care of your customers and the experience they have.
Agitated customers lead to contact centers; overworking their employees to keep customers happy is not the best bargain. Ticket deflection in this scenario helps contact centers do their maximum possible.
It is a common misconception that deflection is terrible because it makes it look like organizations do not care about their customers. Still, it is the best thing an organization can enable to keep their customers happy.
Knowledge management for ticket deflection
Having a robust AI-backed knowledge base system in place is the right way to deflect your customer’s tickets. Following are ways how ticket deflection happens through knowledge management platforms.
1. Chatbot support
- Ticket deflection can happen through integrating your knowledge base with chatbots. With Natural Language Processing, customers feel like they are talking to an actual human being.
- Chatbots can answer questions whose answers are fed on the knowledge base by the content management team.
- Customers can talk to the automated chatbot without calling for troubleshooting or support.
2. Self-help guides
- You can create a knowledge base of self-help guides in-article formats with a knowledge management platform.
- The articles essentially would help a customer read through and understand information by themselves.
- Getting important information about any product or service beforehand helps customers navigate through what they need without having to call.
3. FAQs for troubleshooting
- The most common support portals are the frequently asked questions. Frequently asked questions are a must-have on customer self-service portals.
- You can create and publish frequently asked questions to websites, on your apps, and even to your customer’s emails through knowledge management system.
- Ticket deflection for frequently asked questions saves a lot of time and energy on customers’ and contact centers’ ends.
4. Visual support guides
- Knowledge management platforms like Knowmax understand that customers deserve the best, so we have visual guides for self-service.
- Visual guides have step-by-step troubleshooting for problems with devices or applications and so on with an image attachment.
- Visual guides minimize the need to call for customer support since seeing a guide with image support would make a customer engaged and solves problems with less effort.
5. 24*7 support
- Powered by knowledge management, your knowledge base can be made available to customers throughout the day at any time.
- Knowledge management enables customers to seek solutions to their problems through the aforementioned formats.
- Ticket deflection can happen even while you are asleep, as the knowledge base system will care for all your customer needs.
5 Benefits of ticket deflection through KM
With knowledge management tools in place, you can disseminate knowledge to enable self-service to customers. Through this costs to the company can be reduced. This is because even if the number of support tickets increases, a contact center would not need to hire agents but instead take the help of self-service to divert calls.
2. Customer experience
Customer experience is increased through knowledge management modules for self-service. Having interactive self-service guides definitely will improve customers’ experience while troubleshooting problems and leave them less agitated at the end of the activity. Improved customer service leads to exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Increased ASAT
Contact center agents are humans too. They cannot handle more calls because of increasing support tickets. Having knowledge management in place would help with ticket deflection & improvement ASAT, thereby reducing the load on the agent and them happy.
4. Resolve more support tickets
Customer’s problems keep increasing. The more you penetrate into the market and the more customers you have. But that shouldn’t stop you from solving customer problems with the same ease as earlier. Do not stall your customers or keep them on long holds with knowledge base tools in place.
5. Brand loyalty
Customers care about a brand when they show in actions that they are trying to help their customers in every way possible. So when a customer knows you as a brand, care for each customer, no matter how trivial the question they have might be, it helps improve respect for the brand; thereby, the customer will want to stay longer for the brand’s product or service.
Ticket deflection is no longer taboo. It is okay to accept that the number of tickets you get is more than your contact center can handle.
Instead of hiring more talent, contact centers can adopt ticket deflection methods by implementing a knowledge management platform to enhance their CX. Enabling self-service helps your organization in remarkable ways apart from just ticket deflection. There is no better time than now for fresh beginnings.