In the chaos of inquiries, complaints, and resolutions, the human touch is often lost.
Imagine a distressed customer contacting customer support. What they expect is not just a solution to their problem but also a warm acknowledgment of their emotions. You can simply give a solution and hop on the next call. But when you recognize their emotions and connect on a personal level, the customer feels valued.
Adding a pinch of empathy in the way you interact with customers is the key to transforming routine interactions into meaningful ones. Your customer support agents should naturally be empathetic. But it’s not necessary that all your agents can practice empathy in all situations.
Empathy is a tough skill to master, which is why we have curated a handy list of customer service empathy statements that will help your agents deliver quality customer service.
Table of contents
- 30+ Customer Service Phrases, Words and Empathy Statements
- Keep Customer Service Empathy Statements Handy with Knowmax
30+ Customer Service Phrases, Words and Empathy Statements
Customer service empathy statements are a way of showing customers that you understand their problem and are committed to resolving it. Including the right empathy phrases in your interaction can make a customer feel respected and validated.
Here are 30+ customer service empathy statements that will act as a handy guide for your agents to refer to and master the art of fostering customer relationships.
Greet Your Customers Warmly
A warm and empathetic greeting is an excellent way to start a conversation. The way you greet your customers will create the first impression and set the tone of the interaction ahead.
The number one rule is to avoid sounding like a machine or robot. Personalize your conversation by using the customer’s name in your greeting.
You can use the following phrases:
1. Hi Neil, this is Paul. Thank you for reaching out to us. How may I assist you today?
2. Good evening, Sam. I hope you had a wonderful day. I am here to help you in any way I can. What can I do for you today?
3. Good morning, Ellie. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am here to provide you with the support you need. Please feel free to share your concerns.
4. Hi Samantha. We are glad that you reached out to us. I will do everything possible to help you resolve your issues.
5. Hi Jake. I am here to listen and help. Let me know how I can make your experience with us exceptional.
Understand The Issue
What comes next after the greeting is understanding the problems the customer is facing. You should first listen to the customer patiently. Then use empathy phrases to show them that you recognize their concerns.
Using customer service empathy statements will help you connect emotionally with customers at this stage. This will cool down a frustrated customer and ensure a pleasant interaction ahead, which is crucial for finding the right solution quickly.
You can use the customer empathy statements below:
6. I’m truly sorry that you’re experiencing this. I can empathize with the difficulty of the situation and understand the impact it may be having on you.
7. Facing such challenges can be tough. I want you to know that I’m here to support you through this.
8. Recognizing your loyalty for X years makes it even more disheartening that you’re dealing with this issue. I completely agree that this is unacceptable, and I’m committed to resolving it for you.
9. Feeling frustrated in a situation like this is completely understandable. If I were in your shoes, I’d likely feel the same way. Let’s work together to find a solution that eases your frustration.
10. I’m genuinely sorry for any frustration this has caused. Your feelings are completely valid, and I’m committed to helping you find a resolution that eases your concerns.
Handling an Angry Customer
Angry customers are a part of customer service, and you should know how to handle them gracefully. The way you interact with them can make or break the situation.
To avoid things getting ugly, you should take responsibility for the issue and apologize sincerely.
Using these empathy statements will help you calm down an angry customer.
11. I am extremely sorry that you have to deal with this.
12. I understand how frustrating it feels to be in this situation, and I’m sincerely sorry for it.
13. I agree with you. If this were to happen to me, I would have felt the same as you.
Reassure & Comfort The Customer
Customers call the contact center seeking solutions, and agents must reassure them of dedicated resolution efforts. Even if solutions take time, agents should comfort customers by assuring them that the team is actively addressing their issues. This builds trust and increases the likelihood of winning back customer trust.
You can use these customer service empathy statements for reassurance:
14. Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. Our team is working to fix it as soon as possible.
15. We have identified the cause and are currently implementing measures to tackle it. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
16. I understand the urgency, and I’m dedicated to personally overseeing the resolution of your issue. I’ll ensure it’s taken care of as swiftly as possible.
17. Your concern is a priority for us. I’ve engaged our dedicated team to investigate and resolve the issue. I’ll keep you updated on the progress.
Make a Commitment
Only reassuring the customers won’t do. You also need to show your commitment to their problems. Commitment shows customers that you are working on resolving their issues. It also gives them detailed information about the steps you are taking and the timeframe for potential resolution.
You can use the following empathy statements to commit to your customers:
18. I appreciate your problem and assure you that it will be resolved within two working days.
19. I am personally tracking your issue and the measures being taken to resolve it. I will get in touch with you as soon as possible with satisfactory results.
20. I understand the urgency of the problem. Stay assured that our team is on it and will find the best possible solution in the next few hours.
21. I see your order is taking more time than estimated to be delivered. Let me track your order and get back to you with details.
Solicit Customer Feedback
Customer feedback is crucial to identify areas for improvement. It provides valuable insights that help craft strategies to enhance customer service and train agents to navigate challenges, ensuring the delivery of quality services that customers love.
Here are some customer service empathy statements that will help you get honest customer feedback:
22. I want to ensure that we are doing everything we can to meet your expectations. Can you share your feedback on your experience with our services today?
23. We value your opinion and are committed to improving our services to elevate your experience with us. Can you tell me how you felt about our services today?
24. I want to make sure that we delivered what you were expecting from us. Can you take a few minutes to share your honest opinion of the overall call process?
25. I hope that you had a positive experience with us today. Can you let me know if there’s anything we could have done in a better way?
26. Your feedback is crucial to ensuring that we keep meeting your needs. How do you think we could improve our services? Your insights are valuable to us.
End Call With Strong Customer Service Empathy Statements
Just like empathy helps you ace your first impression, it can also assure you a perfect ending. Using proper customer service empathy statements for closing ensures that you send customers on a happy and satisfied note.
In the end, you can ask the customers if their complaints were met and apologize again. Further, you can also thank the customer for choosing your company and being patient during the call process.
Have a look at the empathy statements for the call closing.
27. I sincerely apologize once again for the inconvenience. Thank you for your time and patience.
28. I appreciate your patience throughout the call process. I hope you have a wonderful day.
29. I’m happy that I could help you resolve your queries. Is there anything else I can do for you?
30. Thank you for getting in touch with us. I hope we were successful in delivering the solution at par with your expectations. You are a valuable customer to us.
31. It’s wonderful to hear that we could make things right for you. Have a delightful day ahead.
Keep Customer Service Empathy Statements Handy with Knowmax
Empathetic communication is essential for excellent customer service and is a key factor in achieving success. While not everyone is born with empathy and great conversation skills, you can always have handy tools to assist you.
Knowmax’s agent scripting tool helps to create efficient next best action workflows for your frontline support representatives. By transforming lengthy troubleshooting processes into guided step-by-step actions, the tool provides agents with clarity, enabling them to collect the right customer input and empowering customers them with the next best thing to say and do throughout customer interactions.
Integrating Knowmax’s call center scripting solution with your CRM facilitates seamless data exchange. This integration reduces customer effort, eliminating the need for customers to repeat information. Additionally, it streamlines agent after-call work by enabling direct copying of resolution steps from Knowmax to your CRM.
Knowmax not only improves communication by making call scripts handy for agents but also contributes to increased efficiency and customer satisfaction by delivering guided and contextual knowledge to agents within their workflow.