From this statistic, customers want better service from call centers. A call center knowledge base can help with it all. Not just that, it has various benefits for call centers to seek that ultimately keep customers happy. Knowledge management has many uses. Still, we need to know what exactly it is.
Table of contents
What is a call center knowledge base?
The knowledge base is a centralized repository for creating, curating, and communicating essential information. This knowledge is to be kept crisp and straightforward for the understanding of all its users.
A good knowledge base software combines all data and information, whether internally or externally, related to an organization. Nowadays, a repository has become an integral part of any company.
The need for a call center knowledge base can be better understood through its benefits to improve customer satisfaction rates.
Knowledge Base Guide 2022
Everything you need to know about knowledge base for enterprises.Learn more here
7 benefits of a call center knowledge base to improve customer service
1. Findability of information
We cannot rule out the essence of time in delivering quick solutions. The customers need to get the correct information quickly. This means your call center agent needs to find information quickly.
- With a call center knowledge base, you can retrieve information quickly
- Have a seamless search for quick access to information
- Save search time that could be wasted in screen toggling
2. Improves FCR
FCR means first contact resolution. This is an important metric for a call center to give the best solutions to a customer’s query within the first contact. First Contact Resolution reduces the efforts of a customer reaching out to the call center for help repeatedly.
- With an AI-powered knowledge base, AI-powered search abilities to find answers in one go
- With all information at a single source, call center executives find relevant information at the right time
- A knowledge base improves FCR rate with features unique to a knowledge base software
3. Improve AHT
When a customer calls a contact center, they hold until it connects them with a customer service executive. A knowledge base helps customer service executives lower call handling times.
- A knowledge base presented in decision tree format can troubleshoot problems within as few as 5-7 steps
- Fewer steps mean less time taken to converse with customers on call
- All these features collectively through the knowledge base usage can bring down AHT
4. Reduce agent error
To err is human, but there is no room for error at a contact center. A knowledge base
A centralized knowledge base reduces agent errors significantly as it is a pool of all information needed.
- Data related to customers and their interaction history with the organization, tickets, resolution delivered, etc., are all historically recorded for reference in the future
- This helps agents to act fast and minimize errors
5. Ticket deflection
An overflow of customer calls at the contact center makes it difficult to get to all customers when they want to be answered. The knowledge base used internally at the call center can be selectively picked up for external use.
- With a knowledge management system like Knowmax, calls can be deflected and directed to self-service
- With visual guides and FAQs, simple troubleshooting solutions can be sent to customers at their point of contact
- Support tickets help call center executives to handle complex queries and let customers help themselves with the easier ones
6. Decrease support costs
Low support costs and high call resolution rates are outstanding balances.
- With a contact center knowledge base like Knowmax, all your contact center information is on one single platform
- This information is stored on a cloud and can be accessed by your employees at any call center location
- With all information available on the cloud added with features that reduce AHT and increase FCR, as mentioned above, support cost is bound to decrease with the intelligent allocation of resources
7. Helps with training
With new call center executives being hired, it is hard to train each individual, and training can take up a lot of productive time. A knowledge base with LMS can serve it all.
- Using the correct knowledge base software, you can use LMS, a learning management system to train new agents
- A knowledge base like Knowmax has features like quiz management to help agents onboard quickly
- Acknowledge a base that provides training kills two birds with one stone, that is, keeping your customers happy and meeting your KPIs
Ready to create a knowledge base?
Try Knowmax AI-powered knowledge base software for call centers.Get a demo Download case study
The benefits of a knowledge base for call centers are not limitless. Using a knowledge base by strategically placing and using its tools helps call centers reap the benefits. It isn’t easy to strive to reach KPIs at a call center with a minimal toolset.
Upgrade your call center with an internal knowledge base platform, like Knowmax, to help you get your KPIs at the contact center and keep your customers happy.