The knowledge base you maintain is the ultimate guide for support teams for any organization. SharePoint is a popular tool for organizations to access their knowledge base.
But most legacy organizations aren’t aware of much ease inducing AI-backed knowledge management.
Table of content
Why is SharePoint not ideal for your customer support teams?
Sharepoint is an advanced version of a document management system, but alas, it cannot fill the gaps an all-inclusive knowledge management system can. A knowledge management system is a customer-facing platform.
With uniquely built modules, it fits fast-growing companies that need an agile, easy-to-use, and customizable platform to manage knowledge and improve overall operational efficiency.
Sharepoint is a document management system built for collaboration between internal teams. A DMS essentially manages the information storing of an organization in various file formats created on Microsoft.
1. Absence of a single source of truth
- Data exists in silos on SharePoint, and one might need external integration tools to access everything simultaneously. Data silos mean the absence of a single source of information.
- This would lead to long wait times for customers while the support teams try to retrieve information. This is not an ideal case scenario. The absence of a single source of truth would mean an indirect loss in the customer retention percentage.
- On the other hand, comprehensive knowledge management stores organizational data on one platform, eliminating data silos and bringing all information under one source of truth to improve ease of access.
2. No guided assistance
- Creating a knowledge base in SharePoint would mean storing files in different formats. For a new user to do this, it becomes a tedious task at hand.
- While SharePoint has icons that pop up on click to explain functions, it isn’t the best for new joiners to navigate the complicated tool to create a knowledge base
- Moreover, guidance is taken from external sources to create a knowledge base in SharePoint. In contrast, other general knowledge management systems would have in-build advice or more straightforward UI/UX for beginners’ understanding.
3. Internal facing
- Microsoft SharePoint allows information file hosting and document and content management collaboration. This means it is more of a collaborative tool within the organization’s internal teams.
- Building a knowledge base in SharePoint might become internal-facing-only content. This means customer self-service elements are missing.
- Self-service in today’s era of customer service is a crucial element. Knowledge management helps create a knowledge base accessible for internal and external purposes.
4. Creating new content
- To put it straightforwardly, it is impossible to create a knowledge base in SharePoint without having the file ready already
- On the other hand, New-age modern knowledge management platforms enable the creation of knowledge base content on the platform itself, unlike SharePoint
- Sharepoint facilitates sharing of files that are created on Microsoft office. It does not support the creation of a new knowledge base on the platform. Whereas on other knowledge management systems, the knowledge base can be created on the platform itself without the need for external support
Looking for Sharepoint alternative?
Move from age-old DMS to a futuristic KM platform like Knowmax.Get complete comparison Switch to Knowmax
4 Reasons why you should create a knowledge base in Knowmax
Sharepoint is only a collaboration tool in most cases. It wouldn’t be ideal in a customer service setting, as knowledge management systems like Knowmax have comprehensive modules explicitly designed for support teams.
There are several reasons why Knowmax is a better choice than a Document Management System. A knowledge management system like Knowmax doesn’t just act as your data-sharing tool.
Knowmax offers a full-suite experience of knowledge management that provides the correct information at the right time across all channels of customer choice, making it a robust KM platform for seamless omnichannel CX across touchpoints.
1. Modules built for CX
- Knowmax knowledge management platform is made for customer service teams to improve CX through better information findability and accessibility.
- The modules of Knowmax knowledge management, like decision trees have proven to improve information accessibility for end-customer satisfaction. This would also mean significant improvement in metrics like AHT and FCR and increased customer executive satisfaction.
- As seen in the video above, various files can be created to add to the organization’s knowledge base to improve support teams’ life, thereby having a positive effect during customer service or contact
2. No-code DIY tools
- All modules on Knowmax, namely the decision trees, articles, FAQs, and visual guides, are all 100% Do-It-yourself tools. This means there is no requirement for technical knowledge to create a knowledge base on Knowmax.
- With so many decision trees requiring coding knowledge, Knowmax offers interactive decision trees without coding knowledge. On top of this, multiple multimedia files and links can be attached to make the whole content more appealing.
- The no-code DIY knowledge base tools significantly decrease the time taken to create an article or guide for the knowledge base
3. Creation tool guides
- The self-service guide tour on the Knowmax platform helps anyone create content independently without the formal training required. The guide is an in-built feature that offers step-by-step guidance on putting in information for every module.
- The guide isn’t limited to just the modules but also functions that come in handy like the reports to be checked and essential features that cannot be missed by anyone using the platform
- The tool guides eliminate extra time and effort wasted in learning how the platform works and promotes faster onboarding for all user
4. Self-service knowledge base
- Get rid of all data silos present in your organization due to legacy document management systems. The Knowmax knowledge management system makes choosing who can access information easy.
- The admin or whoever is in authority can choose who can view a particular content piece. This function aims to tighten data security where required and ease data silos where it isn’t needed.
- If looked at from a CX angle, this information can be shared externally with customers, which helps in call deflection and adds to the self-service knowledge base
Knowledge management is one of the essential practices for superior customer experience in an organization. The primary goal for technologies like knowledge management tools should be making knowledge accessible and making the content creation process easy for a seamless, omnichannel CX.
So ditch your internal collaboration tools and adapt Knowmax’s future-facing AI-backed knowledge management for superior CX.