Imagine looking for information at the right place and the right time of need in the chaos of organizational information amidst many duplicate files.
What if we said you could get what you want from a single source of truth – knowledge management software?
Knowledge management software is majorly used to simplify the operational tasks performed by businesses internally and externally. They have a knowledge management platform in enterprises that can easily collaborate between departments and emphasize the need for support professionals to configure information. Moreover, it is an excellent asset for distributing bulky information over a broader range of channels.
In the 21st century with advanced Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence technologies, many knowledge management software have made their way to success.
Here’s what you need to know first!
Before we delve into the top 7 knowledge management software, note these essential features you cannot miss out on while looking for knowledge management software. What makes a knowledge management system unique and how its features support it in compiling, using, and installing makes a difference. Observe the user-friendly characteristics that can keep your organizational performance and activities in every way possible including:
1. Authority access
- Feature such as authorization control is helpful for admins and management to assign tasks as per requirement.
- It allows executing and creating content with access subjective to departments, their roles, designations, etc.
- Support professionals can easily use servicing when they know who is assigned to what type of work.
2. Feedback analytics
- When we have results in front of us, we can do better than expected.
- And same is with the information we depend on for customer support; feedback such as which type of content among FAQs, Articles is performing well for customers.
- Through feedback analytics, specific alterations can be made to the content for further performance.
3. Multimedia and text editing
- Content making and its distribution depend on presenting it, so content alignment and editing are vital.
- A feature like a rich text editor, a built-in part of knowledge base software, can help smooth-running content.
4. Omnichannel compatibility
- A seamless experience is what every industry strives for, and software in charge of keeping the bulk of knowledge should possibly be a part of it.
- A knowledge management system with omnichannel capabilities ensures the distribution of content across touchpoints preferred by customers.
The Ultimate Guide To Implementing a KM PlatformGet complete guide here
Top 7 Best Knowledge Management Software in 2023
Knowmax is one of the best knowledge management software platforms to create and manage your database. An Omnichannel Customer Engagement and Self-Service Platform helps organizations ensure seamless customer interactions with guides and self-care assistance across touchpoints. It empowers support advisors and customers with a cohesive Digital Enablement solution.
Top features of Knowmax :
- Knowmax has powerful search tools that provide google-like elastic search within the knowledge base software at a contact center and through self-service portals.
- Knowmax helps create agent scripting with its Decision trees software that helps support teams decide the following best action during customer engagement.
- Visual guides that offer seamless problem solving are another exciting feature provided.
Analytics of top keywords and taggings are notified when searched, unlike much other knowledge base software.
Knowmax works with all significant contact support centers, including Telecom, E-commerce, Pharma and healthcare, etc. It can be used by anybody and does not require coding knowledge.
Download Knowledge Management Checklist 2023Download KM Checklist
2. Zendesk Guide
Zendesk Guide is a knowledge management software. It enables you to provide end-users with a complete self-service support option and empowers agents to help customers better. Using Guide, you can create a help center that includes: Branded customer-facing support site. Knowledge base for publishing self-service content.
Top Features of Zendesk:
- Managing support tickets through knowledge base software.
- It has a CRM integration called Sunshine.
- Tools & designs provided by Zendesk
Zendesk is suited for enterprises that want to manage their call center traffic.
It can, however, take a while to learn this software and use it optimally.
Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer support software that is both feature-rich and easy to use. With multiple support channels available, including live chat, email, phone, and social media, you can help customers through their preferred communication methods.
Top Features of Freshdesk:
- Automatic support regarding self-service and ticket deflection is made more accessible through Freshdesk.
- Conversations can be streamlined on one platform.
- Insights are accessible, and analytics appear on the dashboard for easy access.
Freshworks is best suited for those enterprises in the micro or small category.
Document360 Knowledge base platform enables your help center creation through the end-user interface and multiple third-party integrations. Create, collaborate, and publish a self-service Knowledge base with our easy-to-use document management SaaS platform. Get set up in minutes & reduce your support request up to 50%.
Top Features of Document 360:
- The document360 knowledge base software provides intelligent search which suggests related keywords while looking for anything.
- The simple and clean user interface helps ease of use very straightforwardly.
- The analytics of Document360 collects data on those questions that failed to be resolved along with the standard analytics collected.
Document360 is a great tool for startups in the medical or logistics area.
Provide 24 x7 seamless customer service with KnowmaxRequest a demo
Simple yet powerful ProProfs Knowledge Base software is designed to help businesses create documentation, knowledge base, help sites, FAQs, user manuals, user guides, and more. Comprising unmatched features, intelligent settings, and integrations, the software is beneficial for reducing customer support tickets, managing business knowledge, and facilitating easy access to it.
Top Features of Proprofs:
- Proprofs has one the best tools collection for knowledge base software. If you think of it it has the tools you’d need.
- Integration with other software is made extremely easy on Propfros.
- Usage is made easy with its clean UI.
Proprofs creates better team collaboration for SMEs.
Looking for a ProProfs Knowledge base alternative?Here’s the complete comparison
Helpjuice is an easy-to-use and most potent knowledge base software designed from the ground up to help scale your customer support and collaborate better with your team.
Top Features of Helpjuice:
- Helpjuice provides various themes for the customization of your information.
- The analytics Helpjuice provides you with includes all the usage of the information consumed on this particular knowledge base software.
- The leading-edge software it provides for search options is quick and precise.
Help juice creates a fun interactive UI and suits anyone in the mid-market range or above.
7. Zoho Wiki
Zoho wiki helps organize content by creating pages and subpages for different topics. Build page hierarchies using sitemaps and import word documents into your wiki.
Top Features of Zoho Wiki:
- Content management is made accessible on Zoho Wiki through the different page options and subcategories into the fit.
- The organization of workspaces is region-specific and detail-oriented, eliminating a cluttered space.
- Actual time notifications by Zoho Wiki enable authorized users to know whenever data is updated, or changes are made.
Zoho Wiki is suitable for online knowledge sharing across teams in enterprises.
How do organizations benefit from Knowledge Management Software?
Knowledge base software takes customer convenience to the next level. Knowledge management tools cater to help-desk initiatives that effectively deliver managed information to the customers who need it and the agents who provide it. Moreover, it does more than what we consider, such as:
1. Increase FCR quality
A knowledge management platform enables agents to find more information within a fraction of a second, encouraging them to deliver resolutions in the first contact more often.
2. Enable detailed assistance for agents
Knowledge base software ensures the task of creating and disseminating content in easy-to-understand formats. The specific content based on lengthy topics related to customer queries can be achieved by good support of knowledge-sharing software.
3. Make information findability easier
One does not need to dive into the ocean of information when a KMS can safeguard you. Knowledge management software collects content in a unified space, making it easy for support agents to find, assemble, and spread it across channels.
4. Break data silos
When an organization has knowledge-sharing software at its disposal, they don’t have to worry about coordinating the departments. Knowledge management software breaks the silos and makes sure that every department works smoothly.
5. Save OPEX and time
When information is easy to access, it reduces the need to acquire more assets, resulting in operational expenses. Support teams through a knowledge management system can save time with documented and shared processes that can be recreated from time to time.
Supercharge your CX with an AI-backed KM PlatformGet started now
Choosing the best option available in every organization’s goal at any given time. If you are skeptical about giving this a try, it is essential to note that the knowledge base platform comes with a trial option if you want to work it out after testing the knowledge. For you, it should not be the question of why to choose a platform as it is pretty clear about how miraculous a knowledge base software can be.
The best way to choose after looking at the above best knowledge management software of 2023 is how well you can customize it, mold it and bring it into your organization for growth and excellence. Just be sure to research, test it out, and go with what suits your organization the best.