A knowledge management software is majorly used to simplify the operational tasks performed by businesses internally as well as externally. Having a knowledge management platform in enterprises can make easy collaboration between the several departments along with emphasizing the needs of support professionals to configure information. Moreover, it is a great asset for distributing bulky information over a wider range of channels.
This information may be in the form of frequently asked questions (FAQs), articles, device support guides, or decision trees, organized in a way that allows for internal as well as external accessibility; also giving way to Digital Adoption .
Knowledge management is the art of creating, curating, and circulating all forms of organizational knowledge among its users in a way that makes entire knowledge both secure and verified at the same time. Such knowledge should be easily accessible and fulfill its need as the user wants it to.
There is more to ponder over the knowledge management system software. Take a quick look at what it offers and how it functions:
As its name describes, knowledge sharing software is all about creating, recognizing, gathering, and disseminating bulky information but in an organized way. It enables step-by-step and detailed documentation of heavy files which otherwise take a long time to build and share across the entire organization. The knowledge management software denotes organizing data that is available in scattered documents and make it easily accessible for agents and customers to implement apt resolution delivery.
The target here is why the knowledge management platform should be there if we can keep on creating extra solutions, more files.
Well, if too much data can be handled at once and even recreated, reused in need; what’s the point to stick in messy files and heavy docs? Best Knowledge management system acts as a big unified library of keeping the documents that are neatly arranged and you know exactly in which section you can find the relevant information and with the bonus of checking older recorded files.
Through knowledge management system software, the support professionals can briskly find the answers even out of plentiful information. This improves the consistency of resolution delivery and revenue generation for enterprises.
What makes knowledge management system unique and how its features support in terms of compiling, using, and installing really makes a difference. Observe the user-friendly characteristics that can support your organizational performance and activities in every way possible include:
1. Authority access
Feature such as authorization control is useful for admins and management that they can assign tasks as per requirement. It allows executing, creating content with the access subjective to departments, their roles, designations and so on. With this, support professionals get the ease of use in servicing when they know who is assigned to what type of work.
2. Feedback analytics
When we have resulted in front of us, we can do better than expected. And same is with the information we depend on for customer support; feedback such as which type of content among FAQs, Articles is performing well for customers. Through feedback analytics, certain alterations can be made to the content for further performance.
3. Multimedia and text editing
Content making and its distribution depend on how we present it, so alignment and editing of content are vital to do so. A feature like a rich text editor which is a built-in part of knowledge base software can help in smooth-running content.
4. Omnichannel compatibility
A seamless experience is what every industry strives for and software that is in charge of keeping bulk of knowledge should possibly be the part of it as well. Knowledge management system with omnichannel capabilities ensures the distribution of content across touchpoints preferred by customers.
Knowledge base software makes everything possible which is needed by the customers in terms of convenience. Knowledge management tools cater to help-desk initiatives that effectively deliver managed information to the customers who need it, and for the agents who deliver it. Moreover, it does more than what we consider such as:
1. Increase FCR quality
Knowledge management platform means agents are more likely to find information within a fraction of seconds that will encourage them to deliver resolutions in the first contact more often.
2. Enable detailed assistance for agents
Knowledge base software ensures the task of creating and disseminating content in easy to understand formats. The precise content based on lengthy topics related to customer queries can be achieved by good support of knowledge sharing software.
3. Make information findability easier
No need to dive into the ocean of information when a KMS can safeguard you. Knowledge management software collects content on a unified space making it easy for support agents to find, assemble, and spread it across channels.
4. Departmental collaboration
When an organization has a knowledge sharing software at their disposal, they don’t have to worry about how to coordinate the departments. Knowledge management software breaks the silos and makes sure that every department works smoothly.
5. Save OPEX and time
When information is easy to access, it reduces the need for acquiring more assets which may result in operational expenses. Support teams through a knowledge management system can save time with documented and shared processes that can be recreated from time to time.
1. To keep a ready repository in knowledge base software of all company-related information, ensuring that information is safe and accessible to stakeholders, with set permissions.
2. To facilitate informed decision-making capabilities in organizations as well as to optimize the user experience.
3. To improve an organization’s operational and business process efficiency.
4. To maintain and enhance customer experience by enabling CX associates to deliver optimum support to callers/enquirers.
5. To train and retrieve knowledge for chatbots, using Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, AIand strategic keywords, and phrases.
6. To promote Self-care.
According to McKinsey, companies focused on providing a superior experience across customer journeys realized a 10-15% increase in revenue and a 20% increase in customer satisfaction.
If a business wants to remain competitive as per its industry, it has to improve the customer experience by providing remarkable support. Customers want their problems solved and questions answered effectively and as quickly as possible.
And undoubtedly, knowledge management is the best trick to achieve favorable outcomes in every experience that the support team delivers. Enhanced customer experience attracts potential customers, investors, and dealers that initiate positive consequences for the company.
With contextual knowledge sharing software available to the customer or service provider, time-to-resolution gets reduced by 20% – 80%.
Knowledge Management Software (KM software) in customer service centers allows for easy findability of information to cater to customer related queries, thereby reducing Average Handle Time (AHT) and boosting First Call Resolution (FCR).
When opting for knowledge base software, some points should be considered critically such as if it can work with third-party systems? If it can collaborate with CRM? Integrated helpdesk systems provide consistency and ease of use for customers as well as agents.
Take a deep look at what type of tools your team wants and how well they can address customer issues without any complexities. That will help you in making a firm decision about choosing the correct knowledge base software.
Let Knowmax help you achieve your Customer Experience goals
Top 7 Best Knowledge Management Software in 2021
Knowmax is one of the best knowledge management software platforms to create and manage your database. It is an Omnichannel Customer Engagement and Self-Service Platform that helps organizations ensure seamless customer interactions with guides and self-care assistance across touch points. And also empowers support advisors and customers with a cohesive Digital Enablement solution.
Top features of Knowmax :
- Knowmax has powerful search tools which provide google-like elastic search within the knowledge base software at call center as well as self service portals.
- Knowmax helps in creating agent scripting with its Decision trees software that helps support teams decide next best action while customer engagement.
- Visual guides that offer seamless problem solving is another interesting feature provided.
Analytics of top keywords and taggings are notified when searched unlike a lot of other knowledge base softwares.
Knowmax works with all major contact support centers including industries like Telecom, E-commerce,Pharma and healthcare,etc. It can be used by anybody and does not require coding knowledge.
2. Zendesk Guide
Zendesk guide is a knowledge management software. It enables you to provide end users with a complete self-service support option and empowers agents to better help customers. Using Guide you can create a help center that includes: Branded customer-facing support site. Knowledge base, for publishing self-service content.
Top Features of Zendesk:
- Managing support tickets through knowledge base software.
- Has a CRM integration called Sunshine.
- Tools & designs provided by Zendesk
Zendesk is suited for enterprises who want to manage their call center traffic.
It can however take a while to learn this software and use it optimally.
Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer support software that is both feature-rich and easy to use. With multiple support channels available, including live chat, email, phone, and social media, you can help customers through their preferred communication method.
Top Features of Freshdesk:
- Automatic support in regard to self service and ticket deflection is made easier through Freshdesk.
- Conversations can be streamlined on one platform.
- Insights are accessible and analytics appear on the dashboard for easy access.
Freshworks is best suited for those enterprises in the micro or small category.
Document360 Knowledge base platform enables your help center creation through end-user interface and multiple third-party integrations. Get set up in minutes & reduce your support request up to 50%. Create, collaborate, and publish a self-service Knowledge base with our easy to use document management SaaS platform.
Top Features of Document 360:
- The document360 knowledge base software provides intelligent search which suggests related keywords while looking for anything.
- The simple and clean user interface helps ease of use very straightforwardly.
- The analytics of Document360 collects data of those questions that were failed to be resolved along with the normal analytics collected.
Document360 is a great tool for startups in the medical or logistics area.
Simple yet powerful ProProfs Knowledge Base software is designed to help businesses create documentation, knowledge base, help sites, FAQs, user manuals, user guides and more. Comprising unmatched features, smart settings, and integrations, the software is immensely helpful for reducing customer support tickets, managing business knowledge, and facilitating easy access to it.
Top Features of Proprofs:
- Proprofs has one the best tools collection for a knowledge base software.You think of it it has the tools you’d need.
- Integration with other softwares is made extremely easy on Propfros.
- Usage is made easy with its clean UI.
Proprofs creates better team collaboration for SMEs.
Helpjuice is an easy-to-use and most powerful knowledge base software designed from the ground up to help scale your customer support, and collaborate better with your team.
Top Features of Helpjuice:
- Helpjuice provides various themes for the customization of your information.
- The analytics Helpjuice provides you with includes all the usage of the information consumed on this particular knowledge base software.
- The leading-edge software it provides for the search options is quick and precise.
Help juice creates a fun interactive UI and suits anyone in the mid market range or above.
7. Zoho Wiki
Zoho wiki helps organise content by creating pages and subpages for different topics. Build page hierarchies using sitemaps, and import word documents into your wiki.
Top Features of Zoho Wiki:
- Content management is made easy on Zoho Wiki through the separate page options it provides along with sub categories into thee fit.
- The organisation of workspaces is region specific and detail oriented eliminating a cluttered space.
- Actual time notifications provided by Zoho Wiki enables authorized users to know whenever data is updated or changes are made.
Zoho Wiki is suitable for online knowledge sharing across teams in enterprises.
Choosing the best option available is every organization’s goal.It is important to note that the knowledge base softwares come with a trial option just in case you want to work it out after testing the knowledge.For you it should not be the question of why to choose a platform as it is pretty clear about how miraculous a knowledge base software can be.
The best way to choose after looking at the above best knowledge management software of 2021 is how well you can customize it, mould it and bring it into your organisation for growth and excellence.Just be sure to research and go with what suits your organisation the best.