The rapid evolution and intervention of technology has made it easier for businesses to expand globally with very little effort.
One of the critical aspects of looking for new opportunities in a global market is to understand and engage with a new customer base and different demographics.
Thus, the logical way to think is to make your business website and support available in a language they can engage in.
That’s where the evolution from monolingual knowledge base to multilingual knowledge base begins and eventually, today, multilingual knowledge base takes the center stage across industries.
Get a hawk-eye view of your knowledge base in multiple languages just from a single portal.
Table of contents
- As data suggest
- 3 quick steps to setting up multilingual knowledge base
- Not to mention, there’s a massive surge in your IT infrastructure costs
- Ease of business operations
As data suggest
- 72.1% of consumers spend most or all of their time on websites in their own language.
- 72.4% of consumers said they would be more likely to buy a product with information in their own language.
- 56.2% of consumers said that the ability to obtain information in their own language is more important than price.
Data clearly states that your first strategic move would: localize your business website and knowledge base in different languages.
Let’s say your company based out of an English predominant market is starting to gain customers from different parts of the market. Up until now, your business has a website and knowledge management in just one language, English (Monolingual) because it is quite popular across the globe. But, that’s your luck.
Customers today love familiarity, eventually familiarity forms loyalty and trust in your brand.
Support your customers from all around the world by translating your knowledge base into multiple languages.
3 quick steps to setting up multilingual knowledge base
Step 1: Enable Multilingual support
Enable multilingual support by selecting language of your choice for the Knowmax portal
- Navigate to Admin > Knowmax
- Under language setting, set the Primary language of your Knowmax account and then set it.
Step 2: Choose a format and start creating articles in the primary language
You are all set. Now start creating a multilingual knowledge base.
- Go to the create article tab.
- Under New Article, select New format. It will open a pop-up with the primary language which you have selected
Step 3: Attach & link document and make it more relevant
You can use your knowledge base article for learning management systems of your agents in just a click.
- Under article section, link node to another module
- Make it available for agent training & onboarding, by clicking on LMS option
- Browse any related information and attach for easy reference
One portal. 30+ Languages.
If you’ve been using a separate portal for every language you support, you understand how tedious it is to manage all the portals.
Not to mention, there’s a massive surge in your IT infrastructure costs
Now, the moment any of your customers, irrespective of their geographical location step into your support portal, the multilingual helpdesk will automatically identify their language preferences and display the support articles in the right language.
Isn’t it saving on cost and most importantly your customers are getting personalized service?
What’s more! Well, if you equip them with the language of their choice, they will find solutions to most of their problems which will save the agent’s time.
Ease of business operations
We can use the Bulk operation using Knowmax to translate and make things quick.
It’s just a matter of seconds all the articles can be translated into required language via portal’s language setting
Delighting customers is a tough job today.
It’s certainly a lot easier when there’s no language barrier.
With a multilingual knowledge base, provide your global customers the best of localized support.
Learn more about the feature here!