Trends of Knowledge Management in 2022
Before we get on what you need to have in your knowledge management platform in 2022, let us take a look at the trends of knowledge management in 2022 by the APQC on KM experts and practitioners:
- 28% of KM experts agree that KM is essential for upskilling of employees
- 29% of KM practitioners feel that KM can easily bridge the knowledge silos and gaps during the pandemic
- 44% of Knowledge Management experts believe KM could AI to recommend information or articles
- 40% of KM practitioners believe KM will adopt an AI-driven search for organizational communication
- 42% of the KM experts surveyed predict that KM is essential for hybrid or remote work culture
- 40% of those surveyed believe KM will integrate seamlessly into any ISV without much difficulty
These aren’t just trends projected from KM experts but are essential features required and projected to come up to make a KM.
Benefits of Knowledge Management
Knowledge management systems like Knowmax are visionary and catch onto trends early on. There are knowledge management systems already trying to reach the expectations of the contact centers around the world. Following are the benefits Knowmax knowledge management system offers:
1. Exceptional customer service
- Exceptional customer service starts from a customer’s first point of contact with any organizational resolution platform.
- A knowledge management system enables self-service portals for simple queries for customers to solve on their own.
- This results in less waiting time on-call or talking to an executive, and customers can resolve problems by themselves with ease.
2. Seamless integrations
- A call center needs to have seamless integrations with the ISVs used in the system.
- Knowledge Management that can integrate this feature will bring the benefit of a single-sign-on.
- Having a single sign-on would mean less screen toggling and remembering unnecessary information.
3. Bridging knowledge silos
- The knowledge gap, either due to silos or no access to it, typically hinders customer service.
- With a knowledge management software like Knowmax for customer service, internal and external knowledge can be shared precisely with whom it’s supposed to go.
- User management and bridging the information gap through Knowledge Management helps in increasing productivity.
4. Google-like search
- Imagine having a customer on call or chat and your customer service executive looking for the correct delivery information.
- A Knowledge management system with meta-tags with search makes it easier to open the content one wants to access.
- In-document search helps with reducing time to get to the customer with the correct information.
5. Aids in training
- Having a Knowledge Management System that comes with tools like quiz management and other widgets help executives learn.
- Whether new or old, customer care executives need not memorize scripts with thousands of words.
- The feature helps executives learn new things without facing many difficulties on the job.
How to choose Knowledge Management for your organization?
The benefits of knowledge management definitely must have convinced you to take up knowledge management. The research that goes into the process must seem tedious. Let us simplify the steps to choose knowledge management software for you.
1. Identify your knowledge needs
The first step to choosing any knowledge management is identifying what kind of knowledge needs the organization has. This would mean looking at and analyzing the knowledge creation and sharing patterns that run organization-wide.
2. Look for the right knowledge base provider
After identifying your organizational knowledge needs, look for a provider that helps with organizational-specific goals that resonate with your plans on organizing knowledge.
3. Choose the KM with the right tools
The features of knowledge management make your vision into a live-action mode. Tools that have visual aspects for the next best actions, like visual guides, make processes simpler.
4. Check the adaptability of the KM
Performance is the key to great success. At Knowmax, we understand that organizations need the adaptability of knowledge management across all levels.
Knowledge management has many scopes to improve the productivity and efficiency of your organization overall. If you, as an expert, do not lookout for the new updates, additions, and enhancements in the knowledge management world, it’s only going to be a loss for all the parties involved.