Of 1,000 consumers surveyed in a study, 65 percent said they had ended their relationship with a brand over a single customer service miscue. To retain customers and brand value, you need to have customer service training in three words for exceptional customer service.
Table of contents
- Importance of training customer service executives
- 4 Challenges in customer service training
- How does a knowledge base enhance customer service training?
Importance of training customer service executives
1. Improved skills
Your organization’s employees could be coming from a background that might not be relevant to what goes on in your organization. Training helps improve the person’s skills no matter what their past work experience might have been.
2. In level with the organization
In the training sessions, organizations must educate employees about the organization and what they do. Training here makes employees understand and align their personal goals with organizational goals.
3. Improved customer satisfaction
For a customer service agent or executive, one of the main aspects or end goals is to achieve customer satisfaction through their work. Training massively impacts the way customer service executives interact with your customers.
4. Brand identity
An organization’s employees are who build the brand. If the employees are not trained as soon as they enter the organization, it will be a massive mismatch in how your brand is represented to the world.
4 Challenges in customer service training
1. Unique individuals
- Every individual’s learning pace is different from their peers. While training in a group, not all employees will quickly understand or grasp new concepts.
- With mass training sessions, it is equally challenging for trainers to focus on
2. Limited resources
- Resources to train could be less, one of the main challenges in training customer service agents.
- Training in day-to-day activities may be more effective than doing it all at once.
3. Measuring the effectiveness
- Giving training and then taking a test for the same is a generic practice. However, this does not measure the effectiveness session.
- It happens so because what they learned during training is still fresh in their minds. One would need to re-brush on specific topics as they get into their daily activities.
4. High training costs
- Training customer service agents is time-consuming and expensive because the human resource hired is not up to their total functioning capacity.
- Two, training takes up the time of experienced individuals and costs to set up training from professionals or experts to guide the newbies.
Ready to get the right KM?
Enable efficient customer service training via knowledge management.Get a complete demo Download KM brochure
How does a knowledge base enhance customer service training?
Knowledge management tools for support agents are essential for the journey of a customer executive or an agent in the organization. Organizations can overcome the challenges listed above with at least one or more of the following benefits a knowledge base offers.
A knowledge base for customer service provides a single source of truth for all employees of the organization, enhancing training for any employee in any department. Let us look at a few ways in which a knowledge base helps:
1. Time to proficiency
- Training is a time-consuming process, but not when it is incorporated into the daily activities of the customer care executive. With an internal knowledge base, employees do not take long to understand things.
- With modules and different methods to improve soft skills, a knowledge management system can provide more such modules to employees for customer service training.
- Overall, knowledge management features with a knowledge base in the center make the employee’s training time-specific and limited with great learning.
2. Quiz management
- The quiz management system is a feature that comes with knowledge management software like Knowmax.
- This feature helps retain knowledge and remember what the agent forgets during or after the call with customers.
- Quiz management can be incorporated into the knowledge base through modules, making learning easier.
3. Keyword search
- An online knowledge base with a search feature makes an agent’s life simple. Newbies do not have to remember all the information and just the title or keywords to look for the info.
- With an in-document search feature with the Knowmax knowledge base, one need not memorize an entire article.
- The search feature is beneficial for accessing organizational information that has a vast repository.
4. Learning on the go
- There isn’t a set time to learn anything in life; it is an ongoing process. In the same way, teaching in a contact center executive’s life is constant.
- With new things coming and going, everyone needs to be updated. A knowledge base that comes with a lite LMS is always beneficial for existing and new employees.
- Additionally, organizations can also have separate courses for the betterment of individual skills.
The importance of training or the treatment it gets differs from the actual training. Training costs are reduced with knowledge base management and its robust features like learning management and more, but it increases customer service training cycle efficiency.
No matter what kind of organization it is, a knowledge base for customer service with features that aid in training is bound to increase employees’ skills. This practice builds your brand image and eventually leads to improved customer satisfaction.