Call center scripts should be curated after much research and care to promote an exemplary call flow rate. The end goal to improve the efficiency of a call to solve problems should always be kept in mind. A modern call center scripting tool has the ability to create a good call flow script.
5 best practices to make an effective call flow script
1. Understand your customers
- The first point to note before writing any script is to understand your customers from their point of view.
- This is the key to writing scripts that address the pain points your customers face.
- The flow of the call should start by addressing the main problem they are facing and taking it forward with options.
2. Use a decision tree
- A decision tree is a step-by-step flowchart guide that guides any call in a set direction.
- The decision tree software helps agents suggest to customers the next best action by inputting their problems into the pre-designed graphical tree.
- A decision tree is one of the most efficient templates to follow for smooth call flow.
3. Adapt theme-based scripting
- Having different themes for call center scripting helps make call flows better in different modules like image themes.
- Image themes guide agents to visually understand the problem and guide customers faster than just text-based scripting.
- Theme-based scripting that includes visual guides within decision trees like on the Knowmax knowledge management system improves call flow as agents understand scripts better in less time.
4. Take agent’s feedback
- A call center executive who takes calls has the best ability to judge if call center scripts are working.
- An agent’s feedback on-call script flow is a must after every call to improve on the script is lacking areas.
- On the Knowmax knowledge management platform, agents can provide feedback on how helpful the script is to enhance CX.
5. Use an interactive KM
- Accessing scripts is just as important as having the flow of the writing.
- Information at hand undeniably improves the flow of a call at any contact center.
- With a knowledge management system in place, searching and accessing the right script at the correct time becomes easy.
Script your way to an immersive CX
Create precise and accurate call center scripts for any scenario.Schedule a demo
How to make call flow scripts better with a knowledge management platform?
A knowledge base system would act as a total knowledge repository of all organization’s information. This means scripts written are stored on the platform itself. A knowledge management platform helps create scripts through call center scripting software and uses the scripts in the most optimum manner.
Below are areas that are improved by using call center scripting tools to make call flow scripts better.
1. Customer engagement
- A well-equipped call center scripting software runs on AI and ML. This means that one can analyze the data on the platform.
- The AI and ML technologies help learn patterns of what customers prefer and what they do not.
- While making scripts, one can use the suggestions suggested through this technology to make call flow customers problem-centric.
2. Reduce AHT
- While writing call scripts, one needs to use simple and short sentences to reduce the call time with a customer.
- A call center scripting software that runs through a knowledge management platform has the ability to make and distribute scripts that reduce AHT.
- A knowledge management platform with cloud-based storage allows easy access to any script and reduces AHT.
3. Improve FCR
It is easy to create scripts to improve call flow to get to resolutions within a few clicks with knowledge base tools.
- A CRM integration helps auto-traverse answers within the call script for increased first-call resolution.
- Call center scripting tools include media elements that help troubleshoot any scenario.
A call flow script is made with a lot of research from a customer’s point of view. Apart from the research part, one needs to have the right tools to make a call successful. To improve your call flow script, use a robust knowledge management platform to enhance agents’ accuracy with speed and enhance your CX score.
The knowledge management platform is an all-in-one platform that helps you do it all, from creating the script to accessing it and analyzing how it works through micro-segmented analytics.