Have you heard of remote visual assistance in customer support? If not, you are about to know the method to potentially revolutionize your customer support. Remote visual assistance is a service powered through Augmented Reality. Augmented Reality, which in simple terms means interacting virtually in real-time through technology.
Customer service over the years has seen many changes. Augmented reality takes it a step forward and creates what is called remote visual assistance. Remote visual assistance has a lot of unseen collaboration of features used together in a new platform.
Table of contents
What is remote visual assistance?
Remote visual assistance is helping customers with their queries over co-browsing or a video call experience where the technician or agent helps the customer solve the pressing matter.
This could be what customers might believe to be the safest option to choose to take help of customer service. Remote assistance needs the customer to have a smart device, in most cases, smartphones prove to be the best channel for this.
In remote visual assistance Augmented Reality uses holographic content to create the illusion that the physical world around you. Augmented Reality is what brings the real world to a different level of experience. It has elements added to it to help customers understand complex technical issues easily.
Unlike Virtual Reality there is no immersing in a different world, rather Augmented Reality is about enriching already existing elements in the physical world.
Elements in remote visual include a mix of multimedia features. A normal customer support portal might use text, images, and videos. What Augmented Reality powers is the support using the customer’s consented live camera footage.
This includes live video, text, or image support over the video itself. An agent can also use marking tools to mark things on the screen and skip voice inclusion altogether.
What visual assistance looks like in 4 steps?
1. Customer connects with an agent through visual assistance software.
3. With help of marking tools technician is able to mark the area to be identified for this particular use case as shown below.
4. After the customer is satisfied remarks and the ticket is updated accordingly on the backend.
9 Benefits of remote visual assistance in call centers & field service
Remote visual assistance as discussed is the merging of reality with technology to create an enriched experience with the elements of the physical world. There are a lot of benefits of using remote assistance. Let us look at this category wise:
1. Remote visual assistance has emerged rapidly because of the need for contactless support. Through this feature, customers can request support or services that can be done without field visits and the proper assistance of an expert technician.
2. Self-service is another added advantage. It is evident that self-service is booming right now. With remote visual assistance through AR, self-service can be availed for technical issues especially for electronics without agents having to stop by at the customer’s home.
3. Visual assistance with added features like marking and annotations and the entire interaction happening through consented live camera access benefits the customer’s experience during the highly productive session.
For Field Technicians/Agents
4. Hands-free in-person training or customer support can be supported through smart view glasses. These glasses aid visual assistance when worn by technicians to work on a machine or gadget in real-time while getting information through the lens. It works as you learn the method.
5. Field technicians with the support of such assistance technology can work remotely. This means two things. One is helping customers anywhere with the technology. Two, helping even partly trained associates visually through a video call.
6. Visual assistance support helps an agent set aside time for other things that heed priority and get more things done at the same time pre- visual assistance. Using this means less commute time or field visits for tech support.
7. Cost-cutting with respect to field visits of agents can reduce drastically with a proper remote visual assistance program in place. The feature does not completely cut away from field visits but step in at those places where it can be done away with.
8. Employing people at the right places for efficiency becomes easier. With remote visual assistance, the need for a number of average skilled technicians would not be a problem if an expert can help them at the right time. So resources could be exhausted to hold the right number of experts.
9. Increased brand image or perception could have a positive impact when adopting visual assisting software. Customer service is bound to have positive feedback as visual assistance enriches a customer’s experience. The right kind of interaction leads to a great experience for a customer with the brand.
Visual assistance remotely through the use of Augmented Reality and technology has great scope to improve both customer service and customer experience. It immensely supports great working adaptability and conditions of technicians in the field or not. The benefits of visual assistance software could only grow with improvements in technology. So, what are you waiting for?
Sounds like a solution? Give it a try right now!